Kingfishers is looking for a freelance, Level 3 Qualified Forest School Practitioner to provide Forest School sessions at Kingfishers at Cretingham Country Park.
Our focus is to link children with the outdoors. We are therefore looking for an imaginative and creative freelance practitioner who will share our enthusiasm for delivering fun, memorable and educational outdoor experiences for children from a varied age range as well as helping to enhance a child’s wellbeing by being able to enjoy the outdoors and undertake a varied range of forest school activities. Kingfishers is set in 120 acres of beautiful countryside and woodland with plenty of space to create a varying range of Forest School activities ansd we are keen to grow and develop regular forest school sessions for a varied age of children from 4 years +.
If you have a genuine passion for Forest Schools Education and experience of delivering sessions outside of an educational environment and yet still able to deliver a fun and educational experience we would love to hear from you.
What does the role involve?
- To lead with the development and delivering of outstanding Forest Schools activities to groups of children from 4+ as part of our activities programme.
- Ensure all participants are engaged and having fun in a safe environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- is freelance and has a keen interest and experience of working on forest schools programmes and to develop regular classes for a varied age range from 4+.
- Enjoys working with children
- Is flexible, reliable, prompt, helpful and supportive
- Will be freelance but who will enjoy working alongside a positive and committed team in order to promote forest school sessions at Kingfishers
- Is confident and outgoing with excellent communications skills
- Can make a positive contribution and has a friendly, polite and professional manner.
- Have Forest Schools Level 3 Leader qualification
- Valid DBS Certificate
- Outdoor First Aid Qualification
- Public Liability Insurance
*We are an equal opportunities employer promoting value and respect whilst embracing diversity. However, due to the nature of the role the successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and satisfactory referencing.